Sunday, February 7, 2010

Racial Harmony



Race. What do we know about race? There are a lot of races in this world. Many people have done so many things to create harmony between each other to contribute to world peace. In other words, to create harmony is not always that easy because some people dislike the harmony in others. They rather be with their own race. We as Malaysian should avoid this kind of attitude so that harmony could be formed. Nowadays people tend to look backwards and remember our fore fathers (Prime Minister) on how they create racial harmony. In Malaysia, there are three main races which are Malay, Chinese and Indian. As you know, government have done so many campaigns to unite our races as one such as the One Malaysia campaign. The objective of this campaign is to give birth to a new generation of understanding Malaysians so that racial harmony can be achieved. Leaders tend to remind people of the May 13th tragedy in 1969. It's where the unity between Malay and Chinese people had been broken because of political reasons. A lot of people died in that sad black history of our nation. We, Malaysians and as for my own reason, I seriously don't want history to repeat itself. In my opinion as a student, I can do my part by creating a whole new harmony such as having my own friends. In that matter, I have created my own network of friends of different races and culture. I, myself can do it, why can't others do the same? We are all Malaysians, we can set aside all the differences we have and create our own network of friends to target one and only one thing which is racial harmony. Life would be fun and happy if harmony is in our hands. Peace, no war!

No comments:

Post a Comment